Thursday, August 30, 2007

Shelby went to Texas


Wednesday morning started early - 4:30 am to be exact. We were on the road by 5:30 and headed to the airport. My 8 year old was flying to Texas all by herself. When did she grow up?

She bravely entered the plane, she didn't even hug me goodbye! I was told to wait at the gate until the plane left the ground, so I sat down and just stared. Wow! A long minute passed and Shelby came running out of the plane crying for mommy! With permission, I joined her on the plane. I introduced her to her neighbor, a nice lady named Janet. Janet immediatly befriended her and Shelby felt better. So I sneaked off the plane and sat back down at the gate. I waited, holding back tears.

What a terrible mother I am! I left my baby crying and scared on a big plane. I waited some more, but the tears are now flowing. I watch the plane slowly move down the runway, turn around, and race for the sky. She's off! Before I even got back to my town, she was on the ground in Texas. Wow - the technology we have today. She called me and told me that she didn't cry and she had a friend. She emailed me that night and said she loved everyone.
Haven't heard from her all day. She must be having fun!

No comments: