Thursday, September 27, 2007

Clean Your Room!!!

I'm gonna solicite help from my few readers. I am a homeschooling mom, who really does love the fact that I homeschool. I know kids will be kids. I know that there are many things that I need to change about myself as a mother. But what I need help with today is the daunting task of cleaning their room. On a daily basis their room looks like a bomb went off in there. This is regardless of its condition in the morning. I have limited their toys to one bucket and a tub of trains. Each child has their own shoe tub, closet space and two drawers. Organization is not lacking - it is there and easily accessible. I just can't seem to teach them how to keep clothes in the drawer, shoes in the tubs, and toys in the bucket. I even printed out a chart of how to clean your room with pictures, had it laminated and hung it in their room! I want my kids to learn how to take a task and break it down into smaller jobs. I want my kids to grow up and be able to take care of their belongings. I would love to hear ideas on how to encourage the kids to want to clean their room. Standing over them for several hours is not my idea of a good day. They have cleaned their room enough times to know how to do it. It is the "want to" that is missing. Grandma? I know you are reading this. Got any ideas??

The two pictures are after "cleaning" their room for 2 hours. I'm so frustrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just got myself a vacuum cleaner very similar to this one...by Dirt Devil (ugh, the name!), but it is a hot pink one and was excited to have one in this color in a household of 4 boys! Hope you get this ~ The cool feature is the dirt collected where you can actually see it! Woohoo! Michelle

Anonymous said...

I know how well your kids like to eat and on schedule. This worked really well with my kids - EVERYTIME for all 3. 2 Thess 3:10. Try it! Love ya, Diane